Home Forums Female Led Relationships Who Wears the Pants in a Relationship Matters… Especially if You’re a Woman? Reply To: Who Wears the Pants in a Relationship Matters… Especially if You’re a Woman?

MlleSadie
Participant

@Alex, you asked for my opinion on this study … I think the general conclusion make sense, even if it is “sad” to realize that the perceived stability/intimacy of a relationship varies depending on gender … and because of some other social inequality markers. It seems to be a big challenge for a woman and a man, involved in a relationship, to reach a common understanding of their own “objective” reality.

Otherwise, I am delighted that being in charge might help women to feel more stable. At the same time, I am puzzled by this. Is compensating for insecurities a good (healthy/ethical) motive to look for an FLR? In the end, I wonder how generalizable these results are to couples who willingly look for FLR (we must remember that this study is not specifically about FLR). As like you, my experience is that what brings stability to FLR is first and foremost trust, built on lots of communication, along with a deep emotional (and sexual) engagement.

PS : Ohh! 🤭